“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us”
When we travel, we often seek for comfort and freshness from the new place that we’re visiting. Zagreb was just a measured mix of both. And old city keeping it’s culture but growing in a modern way. From beautiful old buildings to new and contemporary shops,streets and food places, Zagreb has a lot to offer. Here I want to share with you some of my favorite photos I took and some tips and suggestion if you are planning on visiting any time soon!
- We visited toward the end of January and were welcomed by a bit of foggy weather (not to perfect for photos) but we tried to make it work. But on the day we were leaving we did get to see Zagreb in the sun!
- If you’ve researched anything about Zagreb in winter, the top suggestions you might have gotten was the Advent which won the best Christmas Market award for 2016/17/18. We didn’t catch it but the city was still festively decorated and getting prepared for the European Handball Championship which made the center buzz with cheerful people.
- Zagreb is very picturesque and you can find amazing spots to make your own memories and post card-photos! One of my favorite things was the street art. There are a few interesting murals in the city (some harder to reach than other) so I would recommend pining them on your map
- Once you get the hang of the city walking and getting around will be very easy and people are friendly if you ask for help POLITELY (mark this )!
- If you do have some extra time I would recommend visiting these museums:
*This is a temporary interactive exhibition. For more information click this link
I’m ending this post by encouraging you guys to put Zagreb on your bucket list.
Hope you have and amazing rest of the week, be happy, smile and be adventurous! And take photos along the way For more inspo during the week follow my insta portfolio: